Pages

Monday, May 28, 2012

Rainbow Accent Nail

Hey everyone!

I have a fun manicure today: green nails with a rainbow dot accent nail.  
I'll explain how I did it between the pictures :)

(click for bigger versions)


 Top picture: China Glaze Hey Sailor (bright red), Sally Hansen Xtreme wear Sun Kissed (orange), SHXW Mellow Yellow, and SHXW White Out (base color for the accent nail)

Bottom picture: CG Entourage (grass green with gold shimmer), CG Custom Kicks (Turquoise with gold shimmer), and CG Grape Pop (Purple).

For all the nails but the ring finger, I painted 3 thin coats of China Glaze Entourage.  Unfortunately, this isn't entirely color-accurate :P  It's a shade or two darker.
  
 For the accent nail, I did two coats of Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in White Out.  Then, taking all my colors, I used a bobby pin to dot on diagonal dots.  

Wait to dry, put on top coat, and voila!  

I think these are really fun, and you can easily do them without special dotting tools.  
Thanks for reading! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment