Pages

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

China Glaze IDK swatches and review!!

Hi guys!!

Today is an exciting day :D  I've just started to slowly collection the fabled China Glaze OMG collection (back from 2009)!  These holographic polishes are sought-after by almost every nail polish collector, and I'm no exception.  However, in order to get your hands on one of these heavenly polishes, you're gonna have to cough up some big bucks on Ebay.  My first (and only at the time) OMG polish is IDK, a light purple holographic.  I got this off Ebay for $20 including shipping, but I don't regret it at all :)  The only polish I'm worried about getting is OMG itself...it goes for $50 - $60 on Ebay.  I'm not sure if I'm ever going to own it :)  Without further ado, here is the polish of all polishes!
(click on the pictures for their full-size glory :)




 I used Nfu Oh's Aqua Base with this and IDK applied like a dream, but I've heard a special base coat isn't really necessary for the OMG polishes.

 Under my super-bright desk lamp - the sun is keeping away from the Northwest :(





 Regular lighting

Shade - you can see a little holo still, but not much.  What I love abut the OMG polishes is that even when the holo is gone, it's still a gorgeous color that I love on its own.

However amazing this nail polish is, the wear is horrific.  I had major chipping in less than a day, and by two days almost half of the polish was gone!  This is expected with holographic nail polishes since you can't use a top coat (it dulls the holo effect), but even my Nfu Oh 65 lasted longer than this!  Oh well, it's the price you pay for the most amazing nail polish ever ;)

Thanks for reading guys! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment