Pages

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Tape Manicure Tutorial :)

Hi guys!

Today I have a super fun (and really easy!) manicure for you using tape.  I used: OPI's natural nails base coat, Sally Hansen Xtreme wear in Mellow Yellow, Essie in Lights, and China Glaze no-chip top coat.  You'll also need regular household tape, and a lot of time :)


 Step 1: Paint your nails a base color.  I used Sally Hansen's Mellow Yellow (two coats).
You'll want this to completely dry; I waited about 10 minutes but it was dry before that :)

 Step 2: Take a piece of tape, and press it onto your nail diagonally (you can't see the tape very well, sorry!).  Be sure to press down all the edges, you don't want your colors to leak!

 Step 4: Paint over the tape with your second color (Essie Lights).  Then, immediately pull of the tape.  I've heard if you leave the tape on until the second color is dry, the line doesn't turn out as sharp.  I used 1 coat since the yellow makes the pink more opaque than it normally would be.  However, since my base coat was yellow, it turned the pink a little more orange :)

 Step 5: Wait until your second color is completely dry, and then add a top coat.


Step 6: ENJOY! :D

I really love how simple this manicure is and how beautiful it turned out.  You can use different colors, but make sure your second color is opaque.  I always get a ton of compliments whenever I do tape manicures :)

Thanks for reading! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment