Pages

Thursday, June 28, 2012

First Water Marble!

Hey everyone!

So today I attempted my first water marble.  It took an hour (ew), but I'm really happy with how it turned out :) I used Sally Hansen's White On for the base, and China Glaze Sky High Top, Entourage, and Bermuda Breakaway for the marbling.  I'm not gonna do a tutorial here, but if you YouTube "water marbling," you'll get about a million hits :)
Other things I used:
-Tape 
-Filtered water
-An old plastic cup
-Polish remover
-Q-tips
-Toothpicks

  L to R: SH White On, CG Sky High Top, CG Entourage, CG Bermuda Breakaway

 So, I have some air bubbles, and it's not perfect (I need to work on the swirling-in-the-water part), but I think it's acceptable for a first attempt :)



 My favorite finger was my right thumb; it looks like zebra stripes!!

A rare right hand picture - the camera was sorta shaky :) On my middle and pointer fingers I didn't swirl the colors at all in the water, and I think it turned out sorta cool!  And on my pinky I accidently stuck it in the middle, so I got a big blob of green haha

I know I didn't do the best job on cleanup, but I was running short on time.  
Thanks for reading! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment