Pages

Monday, June 25, 2012

(Attempted) Watermelon Manicure

Hey everyone!
So this is my (failed) attempt at watermelon nail art!  My sister found a tutorial on YouTube for this but I'm not sure which one she picked...

I used: China Glaze Hey, Sailor!, China Glaze Entourage, Sally Hansen White On, Wet n Wild Black Creme, tape, a toothpick, and a heck a lot of patience! Hahaha :) 

(I want to give credit where credit is due, so thank you Jamie [my sister] for dotting on the seeds and helping me not lose my mind :)

 L to R: CG Hey, Sailor!, CG Entourage, SH White On, WnW Black Creme (I've finally started watermarking my pictures :)

 I want to apologize for the messy application, and the fact that these look like pizza slices.  
After my base coat, I started by painting one thick coat of White On.  Once that tried, I taped off the sides and painted on a semi-thick layer of Hey, Sailor! (it's very opaque).  Then, I freehanded the tips with Entourage and dotted the seeds on with a toothpick.  Wait a while to top coat it so you don't smudge anything (like I did :) and voila! Watermelon nails!
This was actually my second attempt; my first attempt was full watermelons, not just slices.

Sorry for my gross dry hands! Hahaha

There you have it!  The nail art that almost made me lose my mind :) it took me about an hour total, which is WAY longer than I ever want to spend on my nails!
Thanks for reading <3

No comments:

Post a Comment