Pages

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Spectraflair Top Coat with China Glaze Foie Gras

Hey everyone!

So recently I bought some highly-sought after Spectraflair (I got it from a user on Ebay - $20 for 1 gram), being the holographic lover that I am :) I added a tiny straw spoonful (I cut a drinking straw in a spoon shape) to a cheap Rimmel London base/top coat.  You have to shake it very well ;)

For my nails today, I did one layer of OPI's normal base coat.
Then, I painted on China Glaze's Foie Gras (part of their Hunger Games collection).  To get it completely opaque, I used a thin first coat, and a thicker second coat.
For the crowning glory, I used two (count 'em, two. I think I may need to add more Spectraflair to my top coat...) coats of my Spectraflair top coat.  This was the gorgeous result: (click on the photos for a larger view)


This was indoors, under a bright reading lamp.  You can definitely see the linear holographic beauty of it all :)

 This is in the bright sunlight (thank you Pacific Northwest for the sun today!!) You can definitely see the linear-ness :) However, I am embarrassed by those chips :P 



In the shade.  You can tell the holographic effect sorta goes away, which is sad.  I have some holo polishes (by Layla) that are BAM-in-your-face holo no matter what the lighting is.

One more for good measure :) ahhh! I'm dying over those two chips :P

Well that's it for now! Thanks for reading :) This was my maiden-voyage of nail polish blogging, so be expecting lots of more posts soon :)

I have a Nfu Oh polish order in the mail, so when that comes I'll definitely be doing reviews on #38, #39 (both flakies), #65 (another holographic), and their Aqua Base (base coat for their holo polishes)  Watch out for that soon! 



No comments:

Post a Comment