Pages

Friday, April 20, 2012

NOTD - China Glaze Smoke and Ashes

Hi everyone!

So today I finally got around to using China Glaze Smoke and Ashes.  I got it at the beginning of March when the Hunger Games collection first came out, but I hadn't used it yet.  I'm not a fan of black nail polish, but this nail polish converted me :) It's more of a super dark blue or green than black.  It has this amazing blue-green shimmer to it that makes it totally unique.  (Click on the pictures for bigger versions :)

My camera doesn't really do it justice, the blue and green shimmer is more pronounced, but you can see it's not just a plain black.


Again, you can't see the shimmer very well.  But this is just one coat.  One coat.  It was completely opaque, and I loved the feeling of just having one coat (that never happens :)


Then, for fun, I added a coat of Sinful Colors Pearl Harbor (on the right):


Pearl Harbor is a clear polish jam-packed with blueish-green shimmer.  This definitely brought out the subtler shimmer in Smoke and Ashes.


Well, that's it for today!  I hope you guys enjoyed :) I really love this polish, and I'm kicking myself for not using it sooner! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment