Pages

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Minnie Mouse Manicure

Hi guys!

Yesterday in celebration of the perfectly sunny weather (rare in the Northwest...) I pulled out my neon China Glaze Flip Flop Fantasy.  I sat there for a while trying to think of how I could make it more fun, and I thought of polka dots :)
For this manicure I used OPI's Base Coat, Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear nail polish in White Out, and China Glaze's Flip Flop Fantasy.

This is super easy and looks really cute!  Keep in mind neon colors dry matte, so you're gonna want a high-gloss top coat, like China Glaze No-Chip top coat.  Also, neons are extremely hard to catch on camera, so imagine these colors times 2,000!

This bugs me!  It's so much more neon.  In this picture it looks like a relaxed peach, and it is NOT even close to that hahahaa!

Step One: Paint your nails with a thin coat of any white.  This helps with the opacity of the neon color. Flip Flop Fantasy is more sheer, so this saves me painting on countless coats to get the goal color :)

Step 2: Paint one to two coats of Flip Flop Fantasy once the white has dried.  Neon colors dry very fast, so this step doesn't take too long.  I tried to make my picture under-exposed, and it worked (sorta) to show the neon-ness of the polish :)  But still, it's more of a candy pink highlighter color...

Step 3: Take a bobby pin, your white nail polish, and something you can drop some polish onto.  I used a macadamia nut lid, but virtually anything works

Step 4: Dip your bobby pin end into the white polish, and dot onto your neon color.  This is super easy, but don't forget to re-dip your bobby pin as needed :)





Add a top coat of your choice (but be sure the white dots are dry!!) and voila!  Finished :D  Now your nails look like Minnie Mouse!

I really love this manicure; I can't stop staring at my nails!  However, let me say for the 16,447 time that this is so neon in real life.  Enjoy trying this out with different colors!  
Thanks for reading <3

No comments:

Post a Comment