Pages

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Essie Turquoise and Caicos with China Glaze Luxe and Lush

Hey guys!!

So I have the second nail polish for you that I did on one of my friend's nails on Sunday :)  Allie wanted Essie's Turquoise and Caicos, so I was like, "That's a great choice!"  And then she spotted China Glaze Luxe and Lush (Hunger Games collection of course!) in my stash and asked if it could be used as a top coat.  I thought it was brilliant and I couldn't wait to see the end result :)
(As always, click on the pictures for bigger versions :)

 I really loved the way this turned out!  I used three coats of Turquoise and Caicos since it's on the sheer side, two coats of Luxe and Lush, and China Glaze No Chip top coat.  
Luxe and Lush was a bit hard to work with, it seemed like there was more clear base than flakies.  Two coats made it better though :)

 I'm in love!  In person, the flakies are even more prominent and it looks like she stuck shattered glass onto her nails; SO COOL!




I really enjoy this pairing of nail polish and I'll definitely be using it again soon.  I bought my Essie for around $7 at Target, and my Hunger Games China Glaze color I bought at Sally's Beauty Supply.  China Glaze retails for $7 - $8, but when I bought the Hunger Games collection at Sally's it was on sale for $3.50 each (with a Beauty Club card).  Amazing deal, right?

Thanks for reading! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment