Pages

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Layla Mercury Twilight (holographic)

Hey guys!

So on Sunday the weather was extremely nice!  Two of my friends came over and so I painted their nails (of course!)  Erin picked Layla's Mercury Twilight.  I bought this on www.aveyou.com for $15.50 (10 ml).  This is one of my favorite nail polishes ever!  The linear holographic is one of the best I've seen, but (there's always a but) the wear is horrible.  Because top coats dull holographic nail polishes, I always go without.  It's a lose-lose situation: without a top coat the polish chips within 24 hours, but with the top coat you lose a lot of the holographic beauty.  It's still a gorgeous color!! :)

Be sure to use a holographic base coat (I used Nfu Oh's Aqua Base).  It makes all the difference!  Without it your polish will have bald spots galore.

 In sunlight.  This is one coat of Aqua Base, two coats of Mercury Twilight, and no top coat.  So gorgeous!

 The exposure on my camera was a little bright, but you can still see how linear the rainbows are.  The camera definitely dulls down the holographic effect; it's even more stunning in real life!

 Indoor lighting: still super holographic!  This is what I love about this polish: it's noticeable in every kind of light.

Blurry up-close shot to show off the linear-ness of it :)


That's it for today!  Thanks for reading, and if you get a chance definitely get a bottle of Mercury Twilight!  I know it's sort of expensive, but the results are definitely worth it :)


No comments:

Post a Comment