Pages

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Watermelon Moon

My first time trying half moons!  I really liked how it turned out, despite all the imperfections :) I started with one coat of Sinful Colors Snow Me White, and then dipped my nails in a sink full of cold water to harden them up quicker (it's an amazing trick and it works so well!  Leave them in the water for about 2 minutes or so and they should be ready for taping :)
Then I took paper-hole reinforcements (the kind you buy at Staples, they look like little white donut stickers haha!) and lined them up along my cuticle.  I used China Glaze Watermelon Rind to paint the majority of the nail.  It was perfect, but I had to go back for a second coat of Watermelon Rind because it's sort of sheer, but I had taken the stickers off so I got some brushstrokes on the white :P Oh well!  Rookie mistake ;)




Watermelon Rind is still kind of sheer and brushstroke-y, but it's acceptable for a first attempt haha!  Thanks for reading <3

No comments:

Post a Comment