Pages

Friday, September 28, 2012

A Tutorial in a Galaxy Far, Far Away

My first tutorial (for galaxy nails)!  Yay celebrate okay done now let's just jump straight to the pictures :)

(Also, for some reason whenever I edit my pictures my fingers turn super red.  Just want to say my fingers are an actual normal color!)

 Step 1:  Paint your nails two coats of a blue/green polish (I used: Essence Choose Me!
Don't worry about it being perfect, you can fix that after the whole manicure is done :)

 Step 1.5: Rip off a small piece of a makeup sponge and hold it with a tweezer

 Step 2: Once your base color is dry, use your tweezer-sponge combo to randomly sponge on a darker blue polish (I used: Sally Hansen Blue It)

 Step 3:  Sponge the edges of the dark blue with a lighter blue (I used: China Glaze Sky High Top)

 Step 4: Sponge the edges of the lighter blue with a green (I used: China Glaze Entourage)

 Step 5: Sponge the edges (are you seeing a pattern?) of the green with a mint green (I used: Sally Hansen Mint Sorbet)

 Step 6: Lay down a bunch of newspaper.  Then, using acrylic paint and a stiff toothbrush (preferably one you don't/won't use), run your finger over the toothbrush-with-paint to create flecks ("stars").  This can get a bit messy :) 
Wash the excess acrylic paint off with soap and water.

 Step 7:  Add some stars that are closer (therefore bigger) to the viewer.  I used dotting tools.  My actual star-shaped-stars aren't wonderful, and I realize that ;)

 Step 8:  Add a little holographic polish to certain plain areas of your galaxy (I used: Rimmel London Lasting Finish Pro Top Coat with Spectraflair mixed in)

 Homemade holographic top coat!

 Step 9:  Top coat and cleanup.  

 There you have it!  Your own galaxy :)

 HOLO!


I accidently smudged my middle finger, so you can kinda see the Essence base polish :P

Ta da!  Loooots of pictures!  I was really really happy with how this turned out.  I've been watching galaxy tutorials for weeks but I was always nervous of screwing it up.  But it really is true that there's no way to screw it up!  So go for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment