Pages

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Nail Polish Tastes Like Acid

Word of advice: when you create a splatter manicure (which involves dipping a straw into nail polish and then blowing on the other end), do not accidently get polish on the end of the straw that you put your mouth on.  It will taste like FOUL ACID.  You're welcome for the tip.

For this manicure I used 3 thin coats of OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls (a greyed white that is incredible) and Sally Hansen Golden-I for the splatter.  To get the look, I first painted my nails with OPI MBSW.  Once that was dry, I went outside on my patio and laid down a bunch of newspaper, 'cause this has potential to become extremely messy :)  Then I took a straw, dipped it slightly into the SH Golden-I bottle, positioned it over my nail, and blew into the other end of the straw, making the polish splatter onto the nail :)  It's super simple, and it turns out really cool.  I've seen some people do it with a bunch of neons and it looks amazing!  But I wanted to keep this one classy and simple haha


Excuse the horrible clean up job, Golden-I is like a glitter, so it's pretty hard to get off.



I came away with some regrets, involving the nasty, unforgettable taste of polish, and I also got a huge glob of polish on my phone...
It shows I'll do anything for a cool looking manicure! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment