Pages

Thursday, August 23, 2012

I put the "sand" in "Sand Tropez"

Hi everyone!
I have a super exciting manicure today!  My sister came up with the brilliant idea of dipping my nails in sand, kind of like a caviar manicure.  My mom found a bag of sand we took home from our last trip to Hawai'i, and I thought what better base polish to use than Essie's Sand Tropez :)
I started by painting one coat of ST.  After I painted on my second coat, I dipped my nails one at a time in the bag of sand while they were still wet (so the sand would stick).  For my ring finger, I only dipped half for an accent nail.  I slightly pressed the sand into the polish, and I was all done!  I purposely didn't use top coat because it would have ruined the gritty effect of the sand.


 Voila!
(enlarge to see the cool texture!)


Unfortunately, I had to take them off after about 6 hours.  We went to dinner for my sister's birthday, and when I put on my dress the sand kept catching on the fabric.  I didn't want to rip my dress (since it's basically like having sandpaper on your nails) so I removed them :(
I treated them like glitter nails for the removal process.  I soaked them in pure acetone for about a minute or so, and then the sand came off pretty easily.

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed my sandy nails :)

No comments:

Post a Comment