Pages

Thursday, July 5, 2012

(Late) Fourth of July manicure!

Hi everyone!
So I would've posted this yesterday, but I was too busy with 4th of July stuff ;)
My sister and I spend around an hour doing our nails and it was so fun cause we used my Bundle Monster stamping plates for the first time!
Supplies used:
-nails inc. Baker Street (see post here)
-China Glaze Hey Sailor
-Konad special white polish (I got it on amazon.com for about $5)
-BM plates 201 and 206
-Konad stamper/scraper (I just used an old gift card for the scraper so I didn't scratch my plates)
-Seche Vite top coat


 L to R: nails inc Baker Street, CG Hey Sailor, Konad special white

 Ta da! Haha okay so for all my fingers except my ring finger, I used two coats of Hey Sailor and stamped with BM 201 to represent the stripes on the flag (I didn't have any plain stripes hahaha).  Then on my accent finger I used two coats of Baker Street and stamped it with two stars from BM 206. After that all dried I put a thick coat of my fast-dry top coat over it
 Close up of the stars

 Blurry close up of the stripes haha
 BM-206 (star)

 BM-201 (stripes)

 Patriotism! Hahaha :)

My sister's nails. I forget which BM plate she used for the fireworks...I think it was BM-213

Since it was my first time stamping I made some errors (like not lining it up correctly).
I'm not gonna post a stamping tutorial right now just cause I'm not a pro, and if you type in "Nail art stamping tutorial" into Google you'll get countless hits :)
Thanks for reading! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment